Danny Thomas, Superintendent
A MESSAGE FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
The 2013-2014 school year starts my sixth year as the Superintendent of the Junction City School District. It has been and continues to be a privilege to lead a district that has an efficient Board of Education, and is comprised of a professional faculty and staff that truly cares about the children it serves. My expectations for our students, parents, staff, school board and myself, remains high.
With a new teacher and principal evaluation in place this year and the Common Core State Standards now implemented in Arkansas public schools for grades K-12, we all know that the world of education is in a constant state of transformation. However, regardless of how education changes for public schools in Arkansas, the following are are cornerstones that remain clear and resolute for Junction City students:
- constant effort to provide a safe environment for students;
- constant effort to provide quality instruction for students;
- constant effort to provide effective evaluation for students;
- constant effort to provide support for teachers in their work with students;
- constant effort to provide for a positive school/community relationship that allows us to respond to the needs of students; and
- constant effort to provide quality facilities for students.
Opportunity for a quality education of value, merit and worth, exists in Junction City. We recognize and value the need for active partnerships with parents, students, and members of the Junction School District community. Our district and community are outstanding and unique because we share the common goal of doing what is best for Junction City students.
I hope that you find our website to be user friendly in providing information, insight, and communication about our district, schools, faculty and administration. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Junction City School District, please feel free to contact me personally, or one of our building principals. Together, we will make a significant and everlasting positive difference in the lives of our students.